Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dinner Conversation


My husband had some friends visiting from Australia. There were seven of us all together as the spouses got invited too. One of the spouses was having a chat with my husband. Their conversation went something like this:


Hubby: "Hi David, how was your flight in from West Perth?"

David: "Very well, thank you. We did encounter some wind sheers as we were taking off, but once we reached cruising altitude, it was great. Those Boeing 757 with the enhanced fuselage and new weight ratios have made them very efficient; over."

Hubby: "Oh really, I didn't know that."

David: "Yes, the new light-weight metal composite wings really help too; over."

Hubby: "I'll take your word on that one. How was the walk over from your hotel?"

David: "Really good; the walk was quite refreshing with unlimited visibility and no precipitation. It was ideal take-off weather; over."

Hubby: "That's a really nice watch that you have!"

David: "I copy that; over."

Hubby: "Right."

David: "It's a great watch; I have it programed to tell me the time in 48 different cities; over."

Hubby: "Uhhhh ... wow, my brother would like one of those."

David: "Did you know that it's 6:30 am in Moscow right now. The airports are just opening up; over."

Hubby: "Wow, really?"

David: "And it's 8:00 am in West Perth; runway 3 is just opening up; over."

Hubby: "Let me guess - you're an air traffic controller."

David: "Affirmative and I copy that. Did you know that it's 9:00 pm right now in Chicago? Weather is good, north-to-south east winds; smooth sailing. Over."

3 comments:

Tofuland said...

Is that a true story or it's one of your imaginative conversations?

Parents of Andrew and Caleb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parents of Andrew and Caleb said...

It's true; but then again, I've been known to hear voices at times.