Saturday, October 13, 2012

MJ's Day Off!!!

 
Andrew recently went to a soccer jamboree with his school team the other day (that in itself is worthy of a blog and will be detailed in an upcoming post) .  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to join them, Caleb skipped school and my wife took a day off work to trek over to the island.
 
For me, circumstances changes and I was able to finish what I needed to get done early in the morning.  My reward for my accomplishment was a nice burger for lunch.  The restaurant was quiet as the lunch crowd had left, I had a fresh newspaper to enjoy and a spacious booth all to myself.
 
Although the calorie count was high, I indulged nonetheless.
 
 
 
So as not to waste an afternoon, I did our final canning for the season.  We had pickled approximately 20 jars of various pickles, carrots, tomatoes and other stuff.  This session was all about luxury.  We did some mushrooms, beets, jalepenos and beans.  Six weeks from now, our family will feast.
 


No comments: