Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back Blogging





It has been awhile since we last posted. Andrew recently had a week off from school for a reading break. He enjoys reading and will regularly help me out by reading to Caleb at nights. It is wonderful that the two of them get along. My husband suggested that we put them in the same bedroom next year. I am sure the "boys" would love that: Andrew and Caleb would play until the wee hours of the morning and the other "boy" would get his home office back (nice try!!).

Andrew and Caleb have really learned to appreciate music. Caleb is watching with great intensity "Funnuculi, Funnucula" and will hum the tune around the house. He literally stopped me in my tracks when I first heard it.

Andrew is slowly trying to teach himself piano. He will see the pianist, and says "it looks easy". He quickly learnt that it wasn't so.

Finally, one day I was wondering what happened to all the paper that was in the recycle bin. The "boys" are really into airplanes and my husband was teaching them how to fold an F-14. Believe it or not, Andrew and Caleb had more fun flying them around the house than if we had bought them a toy airplane. It reminds us that they do appreciate the simple things.

No comments: