Monday, September 21, 2009

Dinner is Served











We had a wonderful dinner tonight. We normally do a nice meal on Sunday but as we chowed down on leftovers that day, the "meal of the week" fell on Monday. My husband did a marvelous Thai glazed chicken. He saw the recipe on Youtube and modified it a little as our family does like it spicy. One of the roasters was mild flavoured Thai for Caleb. Those are scalloped potatoes in the background. There was a hint of horseradish in it, a real nice taste.










My hubby did a nice peanut glaze with the pan drippings. I'm not sure how he made it but it was heavenly. Even though I am not a fan of bread, I found myself dipping bread into the sauce (no double dipping here).










We did a final harvest from our tomatoe plants over the weekend and my husband prepared this nice artichoke, tomato and shrimp salad. Trust me, it is as good as it looks. There is nothing like fresh tomatoes that really makes a salad extra special. I let my husband fall asleep on the couch watching the sports highlights....after a meal like this, he deserves a nap!

6 comments:

Andy said...

What the?!?! There are only 4 of you... and 2 of them are little kids. Did you really need TWO chickens?

Feel free to drop the other one off at my place next time =)

Parents of Andrew and Caleb said...

Chicken gumbo this weekend! Be nice to us and I may let you have some.

Parents of Andrew and Caleb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

Um... same chicken that's been sitting in your fridge for 6 days? I think I will pass.

Andy said...

I take it all back. The chicken gumbo was absolutely amazing. We are not worthy.

Tofuland said...

Ooohhh...the food look so yummy!! And thanks so much for the Chicken gumbo, Ali REALLY enjoyed it! =)